Death

Debate

AhlulBayt

Hadith

Ghadeer

Friday

Imam Mahdi

Articles

Audio

O God, if the best for me with Thee lies in delaying the taking to task for my sake of him who has wronged me and in refraining from vengeance toward him until the Day of Decision and the Gathering of Disputants, then bless Muhammad and his Household, strengthen me from Thee with true intention and lasting patience, give me refuge from evil desire and the impatience of the greedy, and form in my heart the image of Thy reward which Thou hast stored away for me and the repayment and punishment which Thou has prepared for my disputant! Make this a cause of my contentment with what Thou hast decreed and my trust in what Thou hast chosen! Amen, Lord of the worlds! Thou art of bounty abounding and Thou art powerful over everything. Imam Sajjad (as) Sahifa-e-Sajjadiyah

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Who's a true Shia? Hadith 6


Muhzam said that once he went to see Imam Sadiq and he talked
about Shiites. The Imam said: “O Muhzam! Our true follower is one
Pak Shia Killingwhose voice will not pass through his ears and leave his body and
reach someone else (he is silent). He does not like our enemies, and
is not the enemy of our friends. He does not associate with those
who boast about us, does not bark like dogs (1), and is not greedy like
crows. He does not ask anyone for anything even if he is starving to
death. He is aloof. If our follower's houses are distant from each
other, their words are not. If they are absent, no one will look for
them; and if they are present, no one will pay any attention to them.
If they propose marriage, no one will marry off their daughters to
them. They leave this world with their desires still in their hearts. If
they see a believer, they will respect him. If they see an infidel, they
will abandon him. If a needy person comes to see them, they will
have mercy upon him and help him by using their own property.”
Then he added: “O Muhzam! My grandfather, the Messenger of
Allah told Ali : “O Ali! One who thinks that he likes me and does
not like you is a liar. I am the city, and you are its gate. How can
anyone enter a city without going through its gate?”” (2)

___________________________________________

1-The exaggerators of the merits of Ahlul-Bait, and ascribe to them what they
themselves did’nt.
2-A true shia is one that will always be kept aloof from others because of the
maárefat he has gained. He will always be considered different from his peers and
thus be isolated from them.
-Mishkat ul Anwar- English edition, pg 162

No comments:

Post a Comment