Death

Debate

AhlulBayt

Hadith

Ghadeer

Friday

Imam Mahdi

Articles

Audio

O God, if the best for me with Thee lies in delaying the taking to task for my sake of him who has wronged me and in refraining from vengeance toward him until the Day of Decision and the Gathering of Disputants, then bless Muhammad and his Household, strengthen me from Thee with true intention and lasting patience, give me refuge from evil desire and the impatience of the greedy, and form in my heart the image of Thy reward which Thou hast stored away for me and the repayment and punishment which Thou has prepared for my disputant! Make this a cause of my contentment with what Thou hast decreed and my trust in what Thou hast chosen! Amen, Lord of the worlds! Thou art of bounty abounding and Thou art powerful over everything. Imam Sajjad (as) Sahifa-e-Sajjadiyah

Friday 5 April 2013

Imam Sadiq (as)'s style of opening the Prayer


When you face the qiblah, you should despair of this world, what it contains
of creation and what others are occupied with. Empty your heart of
every preoccupation which might distract you from Allah. See the immensity
of Allah with your innermost being, and remember that you will
stand before Him. For Allah has said,
There shall every soul become acquainted with what it sent before,
and they shall be brought back to Allah, their true Patron. (10:30)
Stand at the foot of fear and hope. When you recite the takbir, you
should belittle what is between the high heavens and the moist earth,
which are all below His glory, for when Allah looks into the heart of His
bondsman while he is saying the takbir, and sees in his heart something
obstructing the truth of his declaring that Allah is great, He says, 'O liar!
Do you try to deceive Me?
By My might and My majesty, I will deny you the sweetness of My remembrance,
and I will veil you from My nearness and from joy in My intimate
communion.'
Know that Allah does not need your service. He is independent of
you, your worship and your supplication. He summons you by His favour
to show you mercy, to put you far from His punishment, to spread
some of the blessings of His kindness over you, to guide you to the path
of His pleasure, and to open to you the door of His forgiveness. If Allah
had created what He created in the universe many times over, forever
without end, it would still be the same to Allah whether they all rejected
Him or united with Him. All that He has from the worship of creatures is
the display of His generosity and power. Therefore make modesty your
cloak and incapacity your shawl. Enter under the throne of the power of Allah, and you will capture the benefits of His lordship, seeking help in
Him and asking for His succor.

(From the book Lantern of Path, Chapter 40)

No comments:

Post a Comment