Death

Debate

AhlulBayt

Hadith

Ghadeer

Friday

Imam Mahdi

Articles

Audio

O God, if the best for me with Thee lies in delaying the taking to task for my sake of him who has wronged me and in refraining from vengeance toward him until the Day of Decision and the Gathering of Disputants, then bless Muhammad and his Household, strengthen me from Thee with true intention and lasting patience, give me refuge from evil desire and the impatience of the greedy, and form in my heart the image of Thy reward which Thou hast stored away for me and the repayment and punishment which Thou has prepared for my disputant! Make this a cause of my contentment with what Thou hast decreed and my trust in what Thou hast chosen! Amen, Lord of the worlds! Thou art of bounty abounding and Thou art powerful over everything. Imam Sajjad (as) Sahifa-e-Sajjadiyah

Saturday 23 February 2013

Hadith narrated in Al-Kafi, Chapter 98 Hadith 1


Muhammad ibn Yahya and Ahmad ibn Muhammad have narrated from Muhammad ibn alHassan from Ibrahim ibn Hashim from ‘Amr ibn ‘Uthman from Ibrahim ibn Ayyub from 
‘Amr ibn Shimr from Jabir from abu Ja‘far (a.s.) who has said the following.

 "Once when Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) was on the pulpit a serpent entered from one of the doors of the 
mosque. People wanted to kill him. Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) asked them to leave him alone. 
They left him alone. The serpent began to crawl to the pulpit. He stretched and saluted to 
Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.). Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) made a gesture to him to wait until the 
sermon is completed. When the sermon was completed he came to him and said, "Who are 
you?" He said, "I am ‘Amr ibn ‘Uthman, your deputy among the Jinns. My father has died 
and he has asked me in his will to come to you and find out your instructions and that is why I 
am here. What do you command me to do and what do you see." Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) 
said, "I ask you to be pious before Allah and go back and act as the successor of your father 
among the Jinns. I appoint you as my deputy over them." The narrator has said that ‘Amr then 
said farewell to Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) and left as his deputy over the Jinns. I asked The 
Imam (a.s.), may Allah take my soul in service for your cause, does ‘Amr fulfill that 
obligation on him?" He said, "Yes, he does so."

No comments:

Post a Comment